An ‘appendix’ is a supplementary section that follows the citation page and contains raw and factual data. You can write Appendix in a variety of referencing styles, but the most common are MLA, APA and Chicago. However, students with insufficient information about them frequently find themselves in trouble. So, this blog would provide you with the brief description of each referencing style:
APA referencing style
Appendixes prepared in the APA or American Psychological Association style would include the following characteristics:
- Include appendix after the citation page.
- Mention it as ‘Appendix.’ Additionally, you can use the ABC or 123 format for multiple appendices.
- Each appendix should have its own page, regardless of its size.
- To establish a link between appendices, use phrases such as see appendix A, etc., following the text.
- The first paragraph should not contain indents.
- Do not forget to double the line spacing.
- Every appendix should contain page numbers
- It is imperative to include footnotes.
MLA referencing style
MLA or Modern Language Association format appears at the end of the manuscript:
- It is positioned immediately preceding the reference list.
- Begin with the heading ‘Appendix,’ and use ABC or 123 for multiple appendices.
- Insert the title and center align it
- It is mandatory to include page numbers with each appendix.
- Each appendix, regardless of its size, must have its own page.
- Don’t forget to double space the lines.
- It is necessary to arrange the list of references alphabetically.
Chicago referencing style
- Following the appendix heading, type the title (centered).
- Times New Roman will be used as the font style, with a font size of 12.
- Page numbers should be positioned in the upper right corner.
- Keep in mind that the page number must not appear on front cover.
- The final page should contain references.
If writing an appendix in multiple referencing styles has become a source of sleepless nights for you as well, then Innovative Academic Solutions intends to solve your problem by providing expert assistance for managing your appendix in the required referencing style. For immediate help, contact us via E-mail email@example.com or WhatsApp us at +447529953809